Clearing Energy In Your Home
Do you ever feel restless, irritated, or uncomfortable in your home, office, or in any other space?
You may be tapping into stagnant, blocked or negative energy. Energetic residue from other people, even when not inadvertently negative, can have an adverse affect on your energy and vibration as well.
Clearing spaces is helpful in response to a variety of situations. It is especially useful if you’ve just moved into a new home, staying in a hotel, you’re recovering from an illness, if you are currently feeling poorly, or you’re getting over a relationship break up.
Energy clearing is a great way to release the past, and what has been, to make way for fresh and positive energy to flow into your space, and into your life.
Just like how energy in your body can get stuck, energy in your home can too. Both positive and negative energies enter your home regularly. Sometimes you bring energy home with you, sometimes it comes from other sources, like guests, weather, microwaves, lack of sunlight, clutter, ley lines, or other electrical currents. Regardless of how the dense energy entered and got stuck, it’s a good idea to regularly cleanse your home to restore balance and harmony.
Energy clearing is an easy way to improve your own energy and your life. I’m sure you’ve had the experience of being in bed all day with a cold. Once you get up and shower, even though you might still be sick, you feel so much better. In this case, the water acted as a cleansing power and washed away stuck and stagnant energy that accumulated from being sick.
Cleansing your home works in a similar way!
When the energy in your house is stagnant, especially over a long period of time, you can become sick, anxious, and tense. If left over a long period of time it can even manifest in physical illness like an upset stomach or headaches. It can lead to arguments or tension between family members as well.
Fortunately, fixing these problems is really simple and often enjoyable. Below, you’ll find nine of my favorite and most effective methods that I regularly use to cleanse the energy of spaces.
I recommend doing one of these refreshing rituals several times a week, if not every day. The key to keeping the energy in your home uplifting and invigorating is to be regular with the energy clearing practice.
In addition, do one or more of these techniques anytime someone is sick, you find yourself in a bit of a funk, you’ve had a group of people over, the seasons are changing, or you just need a pick me up.
9 Ways to Cleanse the Energy in Your Home1. Open the WindowsThis one is for sure the easiest, even if you live in a large city. Open the doors and windows in as many rooms as you can. This lets in sunlight and fresh air and allows it to circulate around the house. If you can’t open windows, just open the curtains or pull up the blinds.
Just an hour is enough to make a huge difference in energetically clearing your space, especially when you set the intention for the energy in your home to be cleansed and elevated by opening the windows and letting light and sunlight in.
2. Sage CleansingSmudging with sage has been well known and used as a cleansing and purifying agent for generations.
White sage is considered the ultimate herb for raising energy vibrations. To tap into the power of white sage for yourself, open some windows or doors and light some sage. You can purchase it in bundles and it burns like incense – there is no need to have an open flame, but you might want to hold a bowl or plate underneath to catch the ash.
Moving in a methodical route, walk through each room with the sage, covering the corners, nooks, and crannies as much as you can. As you allow the smoke from the sage to flow throughout your home, hold the intention for cleansing to occur and negativity, stuck or stagnant energy to be released out of your space and into the light.
If you have a small paper fan you can use it to waft the smoke up into the ceiling corners. When you’re finished, sage around the front door. You can also say a short prayer to express gratitude for the cleansing.
Click Here to Learn More about Sage Smudging!
3. Play MusicSound is transformational and healing. If you’ve ever danced around the kitchen while cooking, then you know what I mean! Using music to energetically cleanse a space can be as simple as playing any music that makes you feel good. As the music affects you, your energy will then replace stagnant energy in the house. Music is also made specifically for healing – hymns, singing bowls, and chanting carrying each carry their own transformational signature and can impact the energy in your home just by playing it.
You can also sing, use a Tibetan singing bowl, ring a bell, or tingsha anything that brings sound into your space.
4. Salt WaterTap into the cleansing power of the Sea… With salt! Find a bottle sprayer that has a fine misting setting. Mix two tablespoons of pure salt (without iodine or other chemicals added) with two cups of water and pour it into the water bottle. Shake it well to dissolve the salt and then simply walk through the house spraying the solution into the air with the intention for the mist to cleanse and energetically uplift the space. Salt breaks down the negative energy and helps it to dissipate from the room. You can also spray it and walk through the mist to cleanse your aura. Just be careful with your clothes, and furniture!
5. CrystalsCrystals are high vibration raisers. They have a powerful effect on people and on the space surrounding them. Crystals can absorb the electromagnetic energy from your computer, television, mobile phone, and other devices – all you have to do is place a crystal nearby the device and the electromagnetic energy doesn’t have the chance to fill your home. They aren’t limited to this though, place crystals in strategic points around your house in order to keep the vibration level high.
I love black tourmaline, rose quartz, clear quartz points, and selenite.
It’s important to cleanse the crystals of all that they’ve absorbed.
Click Here to learn more about Healing Crystals, including how to cleanse them!
6. Clean Your EntrancesEnergy primarily gets in through your exterior entrances. Windows, doors, vents, pet doors, etc. Keeping these areas clean can go a long way to maintaining a high energy space. Fill a bucket with water, the juice of 3-4 lemons, a cup of salt, and ¼ cup of white vinegar. Then clean!
Scrub the doors, knobs, windows, panes, frames, whatever catches your eye. It doesn’t need to be “My Mother-in-law is visiting” level, just a nice wipe down will do the trick.
7. Move the FurnitureThis is also a classic Feng Shui technique and can be a lot of fun. Pick a room and see what items can be shifted. You can go large and rearrange the entire room, or you can do something simple like change pictures on the wall, shift a lamp, change curtains or blankets/coverings, or rearrange books, cupboards, drawers.
Anything really. Just make a change. You’ll notice the difference right away. The key here is not to do too much too often. Change something once per week, using different rooms of the house. Changing the same room again and again can create its own energy disturbance, but moving furniture around has a powerful effect on circulating energy, cleansing out the old and bringing positive new vibrations into your space.
8. Get MovingSometimes what’s required to energetically cleanse your space is your movement. The fastest way to do this is to move your own body. Dance, do yoga, pop in a workout DVD, or even take a walk through the neighborhood. Do anything that gets your own energy moving. When your energy lifts suddenly and powerfully, it will have an impact on your environment and will push out any stuck energy near you. Try to move through several rooms this way or at least the rooms you spend the most time in.
9. Call in Angels and White Light! Finally, to complete a space clearing on your home, office, or really anywhere you choose, I recommend calling in the assistance of your angels and white light. Your angels are ready and willing to help you cleanse your space, and to bless it with love, positive energy, and compassion.
You deserve to live in a peaceful and protective space, so lets get started on the energy clearing now!
Energy Clearing With Your Angels!“I now call upon Divine white light, and ask that my highest, best, most living possible guides and angels please come in and connect with me now. Enter into my home and release into the light any and all negativity, density, stuck or stagnant energy which is present.
Please cleanse and uplift the energy of this space and help me to create a loving, happy and supportive environment here for myself and my loved ones.
Please release negativity present in my home in any form, into the light of the Divine, for the highest and greatest good.
“Archangel Uriel, please assist in dissolving into the light any remaining negative energies or limiting patterns of thought which are tied to this space.
Archangel Gabriel, please release any remnants of arguments, misunderstandings, doubts or fears.
Archangel Michael, please cut any and all draining cords, and release them into the light along with any negative emotions, or memories tied to past, present, or future events that may still be connected to this space.
Archangel Raphael, please release into the light any lingering hurt, pain or density stored within this space.
I now ask that my guides and angels of the light fill my home with unconditional love, joy, positive energy and compassion. Surround my home with your angelic energy of protection, support, and care.
Fill this space with healing, uplifting energy, and with the light of the Divine.
Bless my home and all who occupy this space, helping to create a positive, harmonious atmosphere, for the highest and greatest good according to Divine will… And so it is.”
Do you feel the light which is flowing in and present all around you?
As you are reading this angelic invocation for energy clearing, trust that the space clearing is happening with assistance from your angels.
Your conscious energy is a powerful factor in healing and manifestation alike, and by expecting a successful clearing, you set the stage to receive just that.
Additional Energy Clearing ToolsThere are many tools you can use in addition to calling upon the angels. I recommend using some of the above techqniques in conjunction with light and angels.
Sound holds energetic cleansing power, and sound clearing with a drum, a bell, chimes, a tingsha, or a singing bowl are great ways to supplement the energy clearing from the angels.
By moving around the space you are clearing while ringing the chimes, bells, playing a singing bowl, or tapping on a drum can break up dense or stuck energies and can help in the clearing process, just be sure to ask the angels to take anything which is released into the light!
Additionally, the smoke of a clearing incense such as white sage, ceder, frankincense, sandalwood, or palo santo will also assist energetically clearing spaces. Carry the smoldering incense into each of the rooms of your home, allowing it to flow into every corner within the rooms of your home in order to cleanse the space in this manner. As you smudge with sage, ask the angels to release any and all negativity into the light of the Divine.
More often than not however, by simply calling upon your angels to energetically clear your space, the clearing will be done swiftly and completely, with little or no additional effort required.
Repeat the Process to Keep Your Space Clear!Just be sure to repeat this process often as needed! Energy clearing, much like doing your laundry, or physically cleaning your house, is an ongoing process.
But with the assistance of the angels you can easily and effectively keep positive energy flowing in your home, and quickly reset and release any negativity which does find it’s way in.
With love, light, and gratitude,
Melanie Beckler, Ask-Angels.com